Monday, September 3, 2007

My latest literary kick

I've been on a sort of mythology/folklore kick lately. I'm currently inhaling English Fairy Tales, The Norse Myths and Russian Fairy Tales. I think what got me on this was reading The Lightning Thief, by Rick Riordan (or this or this), but really, I've always loved reading fairy tales, folklore, mythology and re-tellings of all of these. When I was a much smaller Bibliophile, I would consume large volume after large volume of Jewish stories (these for example) and watch TV series that had their basis in Greek mythology. I guess it's completely normal to rediscover, or reignite old literary loves. (I fell in love with the Russian Literary Giants when I was in high school, and so recently acquired Anna Karenina, but I have yet to get down to the book in my To Read pile)

What were some of your favorite genres, books or series growing up? Have you come back to any of them recently? Or did you never really leave?

No comments: