Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The coming year, 2008 edition

Goodbye 2007, hello 2008.

This is me being ready to start a new year. Don't get me wrong, 2007 wasn't all bad; there was the great, two week vacation to Bar Harbor and the Maritimes; the promotion; many reminders of how wonderful my friends are. And on the flips side, the ending of an almost five year relationship.

What does 2008 have in store for me? Who knows! My life is definitely a clean slate at the moment. I have a great, steady job that will continue to give me the flexibility, both in time and money, to pursue whatever I decide to pursue this year. I have supportive friends and family, a great place to live, health insurance -- there's a lot to be thankful for. I wouldn't mind finding a new hobby this year, or maybe a great place to volunteer some of my free time and meet even more great people. Maybe a little romance?

I'm looking forward to the following books coming out:
  • Into the Dark, Peter Abrahams (March 25, 2008)
  • Unaccustomed Earth, Jhumpa Lahiri (April 1, 2008)
  • Inkdeath, Cornelia Funke (April 7, 2008)
  • Suite Scarlett, Maureen Johnson (May 1, 2008)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth, Rick Riordan (May 6, 2008)
  • The Magician, Michael Scott (June 24, 2008)
  • Superior Saturday, Garth Nix (July 1, 2008)
  • Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox, Eoin Colfer (July 15, 2008)
  • The Singing, Alison Croggon (September 2008)
  • Paper Towns, John Green (September 2008)
What are you all looking forward to this coming year? And what future publications are miss ing from my list (I'm talking to you, C!)?

No comments: