Friday, May 25, 2007

Talk about your mixed metaphors

Here is a snippet of a conversation I had with E today. We were discussing the donuts my brother makes every year:

The Bibliophile: You're more than welcome [to the 2008 donutravaganza]
E: Yes! I didn't think it would be that easy to steal an invite.
The Bibliophile: We gave you one last year!
E: I know, but you never want to assume. Two donuts in the hand is worth three in the bush. Don't count your pastries before they're hatched.

What I want to know is, where can I get my hands on this so-called donut bush and these pastry-laying birds?!

And don't worry, come December I will dedicate an entire post to these donuts of which we were speaking. They're light, tasty and impossible to stop eating!


Just look at all that tasty perfection! Yummm.

3 comments:

Craig said...

In the immortal words of Homer Simpson...

"Ummm... forbidden donut."

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavendar/poitier/135/frbddndt.wav

LibraryChristi said...

You know...my birthday is in December (hint, hint)

E said...

Wow, I'm going to have to find something to quote you on... or, I'll just embarrass you by posting pictures of your refrigerator!!!