Friday, May 25, 2007

Talk about your mixed metaphors

Here is a snippet of a conversation I had with E today. We were discussing the donuts my brother makes every year:

The Bibliophile: You're more than welcome [to the 2008 donutravaganza]
E: Yes! I didn't think it would be that easy to steal an invite.
The Bibliophile: We gave you one last year!
E: I know, but you never want to assume. Two donuts in the hand is worth three in the bush. Don't count your pastries before they're hatched.

What I want to know is, where can I get my hands on this so-called donut bush and these pastry-laying birds?!

And don't worry, come December I will dedicate an entire post to these donuts of which we were speaking. They're light, tasty and impossible to stop eating!


Just look at all that tasty perfection! Yummm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the immortal words of Homer Simpson...

"Ummm... forbidden donut."

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavendar/poitier/135/frbddndt.wav

LibraryChristi said...

You know...my birthday is in December (hint, hint)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm going to have to find something to quote you on... or, I'll just embarrass you by posting pictures of your refrigerator!!!