Sunday, June 24, 2007

It's a "good" kind of stress

I've been stressing about our vacation. You see, next Saturday we're going away for two weeks! We're entirely unorganized about it at this point, though, and have to do some major shopping. Food shopping, supplies shopping...I haven't come even remotely close to completing the list of things we need, let along the list of things we need to bring! And did I mention that we were leaving on Saturday? For two weeks?

I'm actually really excited about this vacation (it's actually two, two, two vacations in one!). The first week we're going up to Bar Harbor with my family to celebrate two milestone birthdays. After realizing how long it had been since Book and I had been on a vacation by ourselves, we decided to just jaunt over to New Brunswick and Nova Scotia the second week, you know, because we were already up there.

I've *always* wanted to explore this region of Canada, and I'm so excited that I'll have the chance to do so this summer! This trip is going to be a whirlwind adventure through two provinces. It'll be just crazy enough to help us decide where we'll want to spend more time during future visits.

What am I looking forward to the most? One word: seafood. I LOVE seafood. And shellfish. Oh, and did I mention that 15 species of whale travel to the Bay of Fundy this time of year? And that I may get a glimpse of some of them? Hopefully by KAYAK?!

But first we need to go buy a compass (because it's THE LAW in NS that you hike with one, it's not just common sense, people!) and a lot of food and wind/waterproof matches and more memory cards (picture-happy Bibliophile on vacation for two weeks = need for a ton of memory) and a new backpack and I'll need about 10 books to last me that long and and and

*HEAD EXPLODES*


**Dolphin Stress Test

The picture posted here has 2 identical dolphins in it. It was used in a case study on stress levels at Loma Linda Medical Center.

Look at both dolphins jumping out of the water. The dolphins are identical. A closely monitored, scientific study of a group revealed that in spite of the fact that the dolphins are identical, a person under stress would find differences in the two dolphins. The number of differences observed matches closely to the amount of stress the observer is experiencing.

Look at the photograph and if you find more than one or two differences you may be experiencing stress.

Uploaded by Tidewater Muse on 24 Apr 06, 8.38AM PDT.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey- I have a compass you can borrow if you want - let me know!

johanna said...

you know, i have no difficulty believing that dolphin test results for me at all. (and this is despite having a totally awesome stress-relieving day yesterday.)

LibraryChristi said...

I am indeed stressed. So stressed, in fact, that I saw a cow jumping out of the water. Wow. Must be the summer reading stress talking!

I envy your two weeks of vacation. Though, I still wish you a wonderful trip :)